What a whirlwind of emotions the last couple of months have been for me. It has to be true that we go through periods of “downtime” in our lives right? And when I say “downtime”, I mean that no matter how positively we think or how “glass half full” our attitude can be, frustration, overwhelming situations, or temporary “depression” (I don’t want to clinically SAY depression) happens. No, I’m not going to take this blog post into the “woe is me and my life is so hard”, but use this as a sounding board of how I’m pulling through.
The other day I was sitting in my bed fighting a pretty heavy cold to the death and I glanced at my 5 year old Diva. She was digging in my closet for stilettos, wearing a beautiful Cinderella inspired dress, and lipstick from ear to ear. She managed to find the “perfect” shoes for her outfit and twirled and danced and sang in front of my full size mirror for at least 15 minutes (changing heels every so often of course). And in that moment, I had to be jealous of her. Here I am, sitting in bed sick, watching her be her Diva Daughter self, enjoying every single minute of her dance in the mirror, and knowing this girl has no fear. Why can’t I twirl in the mirror in stilettos without fear?
Obviously that’s a metaphor, for getting my girl panties on, finding the perfect pair of heels, and getting out of my own way. I have really broken down over the last few months and have let life just take CONTROL over my every move. I let the demons within me tell me that I’m not worth it, that I’m not good enough, that I’m doing all of the wrong things for success. I let my dark cloud shroud my health and wellness and consistently made excuses for the weight gain, and my body just not being what it was 5 months ago. I let fear control my business plans, or lack thereof. I forgot who the most important person in my life really is and haven’t given Her the love that She deserves.
It’s not about where I’ve come from; it’s all about how I’m moving forward and what I need to do to get there. Here are some of the things that I’m currently doing:
- Reading Personal Development daily: I have collected books that speak to WHO I am, and what I believe in, books that regenerate the exciting Bling inside of me, books that are geared at the Fabulousness of being a Female.
- Joining an “Accountability” Group: The Universe brought an incredible person into my life via Instagram a few weeks ago and told me right then and there I needed to Create my Champagne Life. I have joined an amazing group coaching program to get the sparkle and bling back in my life with Cara Alwill Leyba from The Champange Diet and putting my trust and life in her hands.
- Setting small goals: I am not trying to take on the world in 5 days or 5 weeks for that matter, I am setting weekly small goals that I can focus on that will bring things back full circle.
- Focusing on my Priorities: Journaling out the things that are the most important to me in life and seeing where I have to spend more or less time is crucial to a sparkly and Bling filled life.
- Visualization & Meditation: So much of me forgot WHAT I work so hard for. Daily I am taking time to visualize where I want to be, who I want to be there with me, and planning out specific details of that Sparkly Life.
- Taking Time Off: When the end of the year comes in my business, it’s crunch time for so many, myself included. Instead of driving myself crazy and forcing my inner Bling Girl to worry and strain, I’m taking time off to focus on ME and get life in balance.
I need that Girl back in my life and I know that she’s in there somewhere. Before I can move forward, there is a lot of prep work to find that Girl. She needs love for Herself, a focus on where She is going, daily reminders that She is WORTH IT, and She needs a tulle skirt, glitter stilettos, pink lipstick and to dance fearlessly in front of the mirror.