Ditch the deep fryer and put some healthier chicken strips out for your guests this weekend!!!!
SMOKY CHICKEN FINGERS
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup fat-free milk
1 teaspoon barbecue smoked seasoning (such as Hickory Liquid Smoke)
1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
2 teaspoons garlic and herb seasoning
2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 400º. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Mix with a fork to combine. In a separate shallow dish, combine milk and liquid smoke. In a third shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs, oats, and garlic seasoning.
3. Dip chicken into flour, and turn to coat both sides; shake off any excess flour. Transfer chicken to milk mixture and turn to coat. Transfer to the breadcrumb-oat mixture, and turn chicken to coat. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet, and spray tops of strips with cooking spray.
4. Bake 25 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and crust is browned.
5. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together mustard and honey.
FAT 4g (sat 1g, mono 1g, poly 1g)
(serving size 4 oz. of chicken & 1tbsp dip)